Newport Community Church teaches and upholds the tenets of historic Biblical Christianity:
• The Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God, completely adequate for salvation and for every work approved of God (Ephesians 2:10; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
• The Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – are co-equal and co-eternal persons, one in essence, character, and purpose yet distinct in personality (Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19).
• Jesus Christ was born of a young virgin woman through the power of the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
• Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man (Galatians 4:4; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3).
• The humanity of Jesus Christ was and is without sin, resurrected to life forever glorified and righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22).
• Jesus Christ’s death on the cross is a substitutionary payment for sin, able to atone for the sins of all people yet efficacious only among those who repent and believe (Romans 3:23-25; Hebrews 2:17; 1 John 2:2).
• Salvation is by grace alone and solely through faith in Jesus Christ for which repentance is both necessary and evident (Matthew 3:8; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; James 2:17).
• Jesus Christ will return bodily on the Last Day when the resurrection of the dead and Final Judgment take place. The Rapture refers to the bodily resurrection of Christians contemporaneous with the return of Christ and preceding Final Judgment and the material transformation of heaven and earth (John 5:28-29; Acts 17:31; Romans 8:19-23; Revelation 21:3-4).